If there is one thing that annoys me to no end is deliberate ignorance.
I am not talking about those who are genuinely in the dark but those who are implicitly told or shown but yet they with every fibre of their being refuses to acknowledge. They behave as such primarily to avoid being in the wrong. But to what gains? What is the point having a "portfolio" of good track record when the only evaluator is themselves?
* * * * *
It's 3:42AM and I cannot sleep. Why? Because I am angry over the day's event which I woke up to and really did not need to deal with. But instead I chose to be nice. I chose to entertain it.
I get accused of allegedly committing some supposedly breach of verbal contract where I am committed to performing some task, in a game, with a friend and his sister every week. Now I was not aware of such a thing and I with my clear conscience have never made such an agreement.
But this confrontational discussion which my friend engaged with me was not for seeking understanding or clearing any miscommunication (not on my part that's for damn sure). He was set to persecute somebody, anybody in attempts to vindicate his beloved sister. Fighting to restore her honour or dignity if you will. Apparently in his words, or maybe hers, I caused her "grief".
Whatever attempts to justify myself (which I now regretted even bothering to do) were all dismissed with double-standard and bias responses, which seemed fine when he was putting it to me, but invalid when I pointed out several more instances, which they practise.
"I don't like it when my family members are mistreated," said he, whom I saw at best, delusional and wanting to slay some hallucinated villain that had besmirched his sister. I could have easily taken that statement as a threat. And I do not take kindly to threats. But because of my choice, I chose to let it slide.
At the end of the day, logic had no significance in our conversation. It was all emotion. All about one person felt that she was wronged and somebody needed to pay for it. It was all that mattered. So people knowing that I am a nice person and often being the proverbial doormat, gets stepped on once again.
For the sake of getting him off my back, I formally apologised that she was led to believe such a dubious accusation took place. And that I never intended for her to be misled. Sure I apologised but the more I think about it, I am now not in the least bit sorry.
Why is it that when people whine about others being inconsiderate, it often somehow relates to the alleged inconsiderate person not doing something for them. They never weigh their own contributions to see whether such ironically self-centered statements warrant are even worth a thought.
The additional irony is that after all the barrage of attacks on me, he goes to trivialise my action asking me if it was worth me doing what I did. Trivial for me, but not for him or his sister right? People in the same situation should never ever trivialise the worth of an action or a situation that they themselves are in as well. If it's not important to you, get out of my face?
I've often lamented about how pointless it is of being close to a person only for them to have it easier in slapping you in the face. I was caught unaware, though not unsurprising this time around. Looking at the entire scheme of things, it is definitely unsurprising why some people are in their predicament. But hey, there's always an excuse for it. There's always somebody else to blame.
If there were lessons to be learnt from this whole incident. It would be to not ever expect that they know better. It is also clear to me that I should redraw the lines of loyalty. After all, they only care about their own feelings. Would it be wrong if I looked after my own? Or is that considered selfish as well?
I have come this far only to be treated as such. Jokes on me!
I am not talking about those who are genuinely in the dark but those who are implicitly told or shown but yet they with every fibre of their being refuses to acknowledge. They behave as such primarily to avoid being in the wrong. But to what gains? What is the point having a "portfolio" of good track record when the only evaluator is themselves?
* * * * *
It's 3:42AM and I cannot sleep. Why? Because I am angry over the day's event which I woke up to and really did not need to deal with. But instead I chose to be nice. I chose to entertain it.
I get accused of allegedly committing some supposedly breach of verbal contract where I am committed to performing some task, in a game, with a friend and his sister every week. Now I was not aware of such a thing and I with my clear conscience have never made such an agreement.
But this confrontational discussion which my friend engaged with me was not for seeking understanding or clearing any miscommunication (not on my part that's for damn sure). He was set to persecute somebody, anybody in attempts to vindicate his beloved sister. Fighting to restore her honour or dignity if you will. Apparently in his words, or maybe hers, I caused her "grief".
Whatever attempts to justify myself (which I now regretted even bothering to do) were all dismissed with double-standard and bias responses, which seemed fine when he was putting it to me, but invalid when I pointed out several more instances, which they practise.
"I don't like it when my family members are mistreated," said he, whom I saw at best, delusional and wanting to slay some hallucinated villain that had besmirched his sister. I could have easily taken that statement as a threat. And I do not take kindly to threats. But because of my choice, I chose to let it slide.
At the end of the day, logic had no significance in our conversation. It was all emotion. All about one person felt that she was wronged and somebody needed to pay for it. It was all that mattered. So people knowing that I am a nice person and often being the proverbial doormat, gets stepped on once again.
For the sake of getting him off my back, I formally apologised that she was led to believe such a dubious accusation took place. And that I never intended for her to be misled. Sure I apologised but the more I think about it, I am now not in the least bit sorry.
Why is it that when people whine about others being inconsiderate, it often somehow relates to the alleged inconsiderate person not doing something for them. They never weigh their own contributions to see whether such ironically self-centered statements warrant are even worth a thought.
The additional irony is that after all the barrage of attacks on me, he goes to trivialise my action asking me if it was worth me doing what I did. Trivial for me, but not for him or his sister right? People in the same situation should never ever trivialise the worth of an action or a situation that they themselves are in as well. If it's not important to you, get out of my face?
I've often lamented about how pointless it is of being close to a person only for them to have it easier in slapping you in the face. I was caught unaware, though not unsurprising this time around. Looking at the entire scheme of things, it is definitely unsurprising why some people are in their predicament. But hey, there's always an excuse for it. There's always somebody else to blame.
If there were lessons to be learnt from this whole incident. It would be to not ever expect that they know better. It is also clear to me that I should redraw the lines of loyalty. After all, they only care about their own feelings. Would it be wrong if I looked after my own? Or is that considered selfish as well?
I have come this far only to be treated as such. Jokes on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment