"For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, 'The just shall live by faith.' (Habakkuk 2:4)"
- Romans 1:17 (NKJV)
In tonight's sharing at my cell group. Words of encouragement has reached me while it also made me realise that I need to have more faith. Once again the daily grind has taken its toll on me, leaving less room for the mind to think and the body resorting to be independent of it, doing what needs to be done to get through the day in hopes of the next day being more hopeful to no avail.
I have become so occupied with daily works that I have forgotten about Him. I have forgotten to allow Him to help me. I have forgotten that He can take care of everything. I do admit after all He has done for me, it still is very difficult getting to the next level of faith.
From faith to faith. Every situation is another "test" of faith.
I have heard of people praying for their hair to turn from grey to black. I have heard of people praying for increased monthly income, reversing the effects of receding hairlines and command clouds to move.
I admit right here and now, my faith is not at that level yet. I have also learnt that He cannot work in our lives if we simply do not believe. As simple as it is, to say that all we need to believe... over the years, we have come to rely on the tangible. It is also fear that paralyses us from taking that step into what He has in plan for us.
My boss also once told me that it is fear that cripples us from progressing.
What do I fear? Just like most everybody; fear of failing. Fear of losing what I have. Logical fears, I know. However He wants us to put our trust in Him. I know He wants us to put everything on Him.
The more I think of it, the more I imagine Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where he struggled with the Leap of Faith, having to totally trust that he could walk over the ravine. That is the vision I have in my head whenever I think about totally trusting on Him.
The struggles of setting myself straight is difficult. It is something I already know that I must do but procrastinate for another day... and another day. I pray for strength of mind to do so.
- Romans 1:17 (NKJV)
In tonight's sharing at my cell group. Words of encouragement has reached me while it also made me realise that I need to have more faith. Once again the daily grind has taken its toll on me, leaving less room for the mind to think and the body resorting to be independent of it, doing what needs to be done to get through the day in hopes of the next day being more hopeful to no avail.
I have become so occupied with daily works that I have forgotten about Him. I have forgotten to allow Him to help me. I have forgotten that He can take care of everything. I do admit after all He has done for me, it still is very difficult getting to the next level of faith.
From faith to faith. Every situation is another "test" of faith.
I have heard of people praying for their hair to turn from grey to black. I have heard of people praying for increased monthly income, reversing the effects of receding hairlines and command clouds to move.
I admit right here and now, my faith is not at that level yet. I have also learnt that He cannot work in our lives if we simply do not believe. As simple as it is, to say that all we need to believe... over the years, we have come to rely on the tangible. It is also fear that paralyses us from taking that step into what He has in plan for us.
My boss also once told me that it is fear that cripples us from progressing.
What do I fear? Just like most everybody; fear of failing. Fear of losing what I have. Logical fears, I know. However He wants us to put our trust in Him. I know He wants us to put everything on Him.
The more I think of it, the more I imagine Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where he struggled with the Leap of Faith, having to totally trust that he could walk over the ravine. That is the vision I have in my head whenever I think about totally trusting on Him.
The struggles of setting myself straight is difficult. It is something I already know that I must do but procrastinate for another day... and another day. I pray for strength of mind to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment