"All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants."
- John 3:20 - 21
I may have written about this in my previous blog. I do not remember. However since I cannot really remember the exact contains, I am certain that I may cover different areas this time around.
A person who truly seeks as much as knowledge as possible will realize that the more they learn, the less they know. Or as a character in a computer game said, to be good enough to know that there are always somebody superior than one's self. If that can be established one would be aware of his environment, the people around him, his capabilities and his limits.
Compared to one who believes he knows everything or perhaps somewhat less assured, believes he knows enough to not be wrong. Oh, the hubris... It still astonishes me when people defend themselves by lashing out, verbally, swinging wildly at the supposed accuser. Some of them at least try to justify their actions. Today for the first time in many, many years... I encountered one who attacked my personality with unfounded allegations which could not have been further from the truth.
This all started when I noticed her putting down a quote. My naturally inquisitive self copied and pasted her sentence in Google and it revealed the person who originally said it. So I replied to her, saying that Google is so helpful in helping detect plagiarism.
Needless to say it had struck a very raw nerve and she said I had an attitude problem and that I "love to "drag people down (with me)". I was accused of being a hater. Well, I am not about to convince her or anybody otherwise. As I have always say... those that know me, know me for what I am.
I wish to focus on the reason why she was so annoyed. There are many reasons that may have led to her reacting that way. It could be that she doesn't like it when people steal her thunder. Not that it was originally hers anyway. It could be that a keyword triggered some bad memories. Either way, my statement was in fact non-personal.
However, for a person to react that way to something that should be non-personal, kind of says a few things. It usually happens when a person feels that their pride has been stepped upon and they get enraged and seek to defend it at all cause, not knowing why. All they know is that they must deny their folly or the very least redirect attention elsewhere.
Rather than seek to solve a problem. They choose not to see. It is only a matter of time before they get a rude awakening if they do not deal with their problems as soon as possible. My only regret is getting in the way.
- John 3:20 - 21
I may have written about this in my previous blog. I do not remember. However since I cannot really remember the exact contains, I am certain that I may cover different areas this time around.
A person who truly seeks as much as knowledge as possible will realize that the more they learn, the less they know. Or as a character in a computer game said, to be good enough to know that there are always somebody superior than one's self. If that can be established one would be aware of his environment, the people around him, his capabilities and his limits.
Compared to one who believes he knows everything or perhaps somewhat less assured, believes he knows enough to not be wrong. Oh, the hubris... It still astonishes me when people defend themselves by lashing out, verbally, swinging wildly at the supposed accuser. Some of them at least try to justify their actions. Today for the first time in many, many years... I encountered one who attacked my personality with unfounded allegations which could not have been further from the truth.
This all started when I noticed her putting down a quote. My naturally inquisitive self copied and pasted her sentence in Google and it revealed the person who originally said it. So I replied to her, saying that Google is so helpful in helping detect plagiarism.
Needless to say it had struck a very raw nerve and she said I had an attitude problem and that I "love to "drag people down (with me)". I was accused of being a hater. Well, I am not about to convince her or anybody otherwise. As I have always say... those that know me, know me for what I am.
I wish to focus on the reason why she was so annoyed. There are many reasons that may have led to her reacting that way. It could be that she doesn't like it when people steal her thunder. Not that it was originally hers anyway. It could be that a keyword triggered some bad memories. Either way, my statement was in fact non-personal.
However, for a person to react that way to something that should be non-personal, kind of says a few things. It usually happens when a person feels that their pride has been stepped upon and they get enraged and seek to defend it at all cause, not knowing why. All they know is that they must deny their folly or the very least redirect attention elsewhere.
Rather than seek to solve a problem. They choose not to see. It is only a matter of time before they get a rude awakening if they do not deal with their problems as soon as possible. My only regret is getting in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment